Our Life Along THE WAY...

Jesus said to him, “I am THE WAY, THE TRUTH, and THE LIFE. No one comes to the Father except through Me.John 14:6

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Intro to Alaska


This story is fairly long, so I will break it up to prevent eye strain :)
I don't know if any of you remember from the stories of when Zac and I first met, but one of the things that peeked our interest in each other (silly as it may seem) was the fact that I was born in Alaska (Ketchikan) and Zac had also lived in Alaska (near Anchorage) when he was around 7 years old. Now...on with the story....
After Zac and I got married we moved to Whittier, NC and rented there for 9 months. We then moved back to Franklin and rented a small house for a little over a year on Childers Rd. After finding out we were pregnant and that a close friend was moving and needed someone to rent their house until it sold we moved out of a small two bedroom house into a four bedroom house on Palmer Dr.
If you are keeping track that is 3 moves in less then 2 years. (During all this time we were also looking for houses to buy and we were offered a small house to live in rent free and even started fixing it up but the Lord had other things in mind). So during the grueling process of looking for houses and putting offers on 4 different houses with nothing going through, it got a bit discouraging. One Sunday afternoon after looking at yet another house and it not being the one, Zac and I were riding quietly in the car when I piped up with (out of frustration) "lets just move to Alaska". Well that lit a fire under Zac and got his heart stirring and he said "really? cause don't say that if you don't mean it, I would move there in a heart beat". I said "sure, why not" (at this point it was just me and Zac, we had not found out about Avery yet). We were ready for an Adventure. I kid you not, the very next day at work my very first patient of the day had an Alaska T-shirt on and we struck up a conversation about Alaska and she starts telling me how I should move back and how much nurses are needed there...at this point I just shrug it off and thought...hmmm interesting. Not two hours later I admit a new patient to the floor and out of the blue he starts talking about how he had just came back from...ALASKA. Ok now I am thinking this is a little strange so I call Zac and fill him in on the details. Of course this gets Zacs heart stirring even more so he decides to fast and pray and see if this is something the Lord is leading us to do. The day he spent fasting, he drove to Lowe's on his lunch break and was praying and seeking the Lord for direction and up pulls a car in front of him with ALASKA tags. He describes it as one of those moments when you KNOW God is speaking...his heart started beating wildly and he just felt the presence of God fill his truck. To us, these were confirmations that the Lord was leading in that direction...but guess what the next day would bring...news that I was pregnant. When I called Zac the next day to share with him that I was pregnant the first thing he said was "guess we are not moving to Alaska". Little tip for all you husbands reading this...NOT the first thing you should say after hearing news that your wife is pregnant! Needless to say he was right, all thoughts about moving to Alaska went out the window...even after such dramatic confirmations (don't worry there are TONS more confirmations to come). Who wants to move 4,000 and some odd miles away from their family when a grandbaby is on the way?
Ok back to Palmer Dr... we moved in Oct 2010 and Avery was due the end of April. Around the first of March we found out that the house we were renting had a potential buyer and they wanted to move in May 1st...uh oh...scramble. So, Zac and I started looking at houses to buy again. Insert house story here http://bekahandzac.blogspot.com/2011/07/count-it-all-joy.html ...this is only the tip of the iceberg...to be continued

2 comments:

Michaela J. said...

WOW!!!! I hope and pray yall will have a safe trip up there. You and zac can email me anytime yall want!!! Sure will miss you guys.


Be praying for my dad. I will email you what happened to him.


Much Love!!

Michaela

~The Breedloves~ said...

As my 6th graders would say, "Please, just one more chapter...."